11/5/09

it was the best of times...
it was the worst of times...












































What an "up and down" week it's been! I had an absolutely dream-fulfilling Saturday (Oct. 31, 2009) when I went to see the Broadway touring version of RENT in Cincinnati, Ohio. Original RENT performers Adam Pascal, top, and Anthony Rapp are on tour with the group, which is the part I always dreamt of...hearing the two of them perform the material in person! It was pretty fabulous! They were just great. I've been humming the music all week.

And, I've enjoyed painting on my Dayton mural this week. It's nearly finished. So close now.

However, this evening, I found out that I lost a very dear old friend. Her name was Oveda, but our whole family called her Aunt Beets. Where the nickname originated, I don't know. I'm sure it was born before I was. Oveda was in her 90s, and I knew that one day I'd be surprised by her passing and that it would be sudden. But, it's very painful right now. She was not my Aunt by blood. Rather, she was the Aunt of one of my Aunts, by marriage. I always remember her kind, gentle nature and how she crafted with me on occasion at her home when I was a child. In recent years, she and I could discuss poetry and books. She was a very beautiful and intelligent lady and I'll miss her greatly.

1 comment:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh I'm sorry to read about your friend passing.

I don't know if you know that you won my last Blogtoberfest giveaway. I have some messages from the universe and a mix CD to send to you. Email me your address so I can pop them in the post to you.

I love, love, love RENT too.