12/3/09

crazy days


It's been a rather crazy month for me. There's been a lot of sadness. Two funerals within one month - not to mention the ongoing caretaking here - have really been taxing. Just this week, I found out that a man that I worked with for several years (only 48 years old) had a heart attack and passed away. He had 5 children, at least three of which were still living at home and school-aged. Now, I know that when someone passes, we have a tendency to praise for all the good which that person possessed. But, John truly was that person who lived an exemplary life. He taught his children by example how to be a compassionate and kind human being. He was soft-spoken yet strong when it mattered. And, I always had the utmost respect for his integrity. The world is less somehow without him. I'll miss him.

With all of this mental strife, I really have let the arts/crafting moments slip by. I'm 'stalled'. The most recent thing that I've been working on for a relative who is a school-bus driver is this scarf, right. Pattern at The 8 Track Knitting Diva's blog.

I still have ideas for some original patterns in the works, and hope to have them up for the coming year. Hope that all of my blog friends are safe and sound during this month of holidays/indulging.

1 comment:

humel said...

So sorry to hear all your sad news xx